Welcome to Resource Centre Mumbai
About the Department
Soon after the project oriented system of research and development was introduced in 1964, the Regional Research Stations were transformed into Experiment Stations with the specific role of ascertaining the food resources in various parts of the country and also rendering assistance in agro-based food industry development of the country.
The Resource Centre (then Experiment station) undertook programmes of research and development, extension and liaison on the subject of post-harvest technology of foods to complement and supplement the work being carried out by CFTRI HQ at Mysore to suit specific regional needs.
CFTRI's Resource Centre Mumbai is situated in the Bhavan's College campus, Mumbai. Since very recently, Centre has extended its R&D activities in the new campus of NIO Regional Centre, Mumbai.
The Centre is equipped with decent facilities and expertise in the area of Processing and preservation of fruits and vegetables
Current Activities of CFTRI Resource Centre, Mumbai:
- Coordination of the activities of Head Quarters and ensure linkage by networking CSIR-CFTRI and Food industry, trade, farmers and first generation entrepreneurs in Western Region, as well as carry liaison activities.
- Marketing of CSIR-CFTRI Outputs (Processes, Products and Services), through correspondence & interactions, participation in /organization of Seminars/Symposia/Conferences/Business Meets /Training programmes.
- To conduct R & D activities on utilization of regional agro resources for value addition.
- Societal Mission/Rural Outreach programmes in line with CSIR 800 activities to beneficiaries from Western India & some of NE States.
- Facilitation and participation in activities relevant to CSIR-CFTRI technical interventions for development of food clusters in Maharashtra.
- Organization of STCs at RC Mumbai on (i) Processing and Value Addition to Fruits & Vegetables (ii) "Awareness of Food Safety & Food Regulations in India" (iii) HACCP & GMDP
- Preparation as well as evaluation of DSR and DPR for food clusters.
- Establishment of linkages between CSIR-CFTRI and funding agencies for sponsored R&D and Consultancy projects; Industrial Liaison.
- Participation in R & D and Consultancy Projects of the Institute
- Networking industry and trade for Food analysis at CSIR-CFTRI.
- Close functional association with food industrial promotional organizations such as, State's departments of Agriculture and Industry, Agriculture Universities, MAIDC, NABARD, KVIC, MSMEDI, MSAMB, MITCON, MCED, various financial institutions and chambers of Commerce, Industry & Agriculture.
- Active participation in (i) State Level Cluster Coordination Committee of Maharashtra; (ii) Inter-Departmental Panel of Export Inspection Agency, GOI; (iii) Project Appraisal Committee of M.S. Horticultural and Medicinal Plant Board for evaluation of proposals under NHM schemes , (iv) Agribusiness and food processing committee of Indian Merchants' Chamber, Mumbai